Friends of Marshall Square Park is a group of concerned neighbors formed to support the care, preservation, and improvement of our park for the benefit of the citizens of the Borough of West Chester.
- Preserve the Park, including the arboretum, hardscape, and all historic structures.
- Heighten awareness at the Borough Parks and Recreation Department and among Borough Council members of the existence and mission of the Friends of Marshall Square Park.
- Prioritize and define Park projects and present them for approval and funding to the borough.
- Raise funds through membership fees, donations, grants, and fundraising events.
- Increase membership and awareness of our group by advertising in borough publications and promoting our group and its mission via literature drops, events, newspaper articles and word of mouth.
- Encourage responsible use of the Park for all residents to enjoy by promoting appropriately-scaled community activities in the Park.
|President||Jeffrey C. Beitelemail@example.com|
|Vice President||Richard P. Ammons||VicePresident@marshallsquarepark.org|
|Recording Secretary||Veronica Balassone||Secretary@marshallsquarepark.org|
|Treasurer||Linda C. Scott||Treasurer@marshallsquarepark.org|
|Webmaster||Emily Murphy / Cheshire Digital Marketing||Webmaster@marshallsquarepark.org|
|Communications Committee||Lane Randall||Jim Salvas|
|Events Committee||Susan Sabo and Beth Soldwisch||Ronnie Balassone, Kelly McCulrey, Sue McCutcheon, Lee Miller, Angela Payson, Kathy Talley, Marion White, Betsy Woodrowfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Fountain Committee||Anne Walters||Jeff Beitel, Rick Ammons, Roger Lacy||Fountain@marshallsquarepark.org|
|Membership Committee||Rick Ammons||Dianne Ammons||Membership@marshallsquarepark.org|
|Park Cleanup Committee||Eric Miller||Jeff Beitel|
|Playground Committee||Chantale Fieldhouse||Donna & Craig Jordon, Pat Loew, Mary Kay McCann, Adriana Trajtenberg, Gordon Woodrow||Playground@marshallsquarepark.org|
Friends of Marshall Square Park Accomplishments
Restoration of the historic fountain to working condition.
Installation of fencing and landscaping around the fountain
Coordinated with the Borough and helped to fund the restoration of the original antique brick sidewalks and the Lafayette Street stairs restoration.
Successfully completed the process to have Marshall Square Park designated as an Historic American Landscape with all application materials included in the Library of Congress.
Installation of three (3) granite ground signs at park corners
Installation of an historical marker to honor Humphry Marshall
Rehabilitation of the Swiss Cottage, circa 1878
Uncovered and continue to maintenance the historic brick swales
Installation of a rustic styled message board
Installation of a brick surround and entry pad at the Gazebo
Installation of an LED light fixture and roof stabilization rods in the Gazebo
Installation a new electrical service panel in center of the park and outlets in the Gazebo
Installation of new stone paving and brickwork at SE corner entry
Installation of tree identification labels and creation of a tree map/guide
Worked with the Borough for the installation of historically appropriate trash receptacles which include recycling
Worked with the Borough Arborist to develop an updated Tree Inventory and Management Plan for Marshall Square Park
Continue to work with the Borough on prioritizing maintenance issues