With the help of the Boy Scouts (Troop 14), FMSP lights up the streets surrounding Marshall Square Park with over 300 luminaria for our town’s season kickoff in December—Old Fashioned Christmas (First Friday).
Click each photo to feel the splendor 🙂
We encourage all houses on the four blocks facing Marshall Square Park to take part in this community celebration. In previous years, nearly 1000 luminaria lit up our neighborhoods — quite spectacular! Please join us this year for the best display ever!
NOTE: SPACE BAGS APPROX. FIVE TO SIX FEET APART ON THE HOUSE SIDE OF THE SIDEWALK.
*PLEASE HAVE LUMINARIA SET OUT & LIT BY 6:00PM on November 30th.
*ALL PROCEEDS GO TO BENEFIT BOY SCOUT TROOP 14 OF WEST CHESTER
MORE INFORMATION and to PURCHASE LUMINARIA
- The cost of the luminaria this year is $1.00 for two bags with candles. Sand is not included.
- Sand can be purchased at a local hardware store. A 1-pound coffee can per bag should be enough. Fun Fact: you can expect to get about 25 full coffee cans from one 40 lb. bag of sand!
- We recommend that you buy a butane lighter with a long neck to light the candles in the bags.
- Placing the bags on the inside (house side) of the sidewalk is best, so people can get in and out of parked cars and so the cars don’t totally obscure the light.
- Pick up is at the Walters’ house, 224 E. Biddle Street, starting November 27th through November 30th. Please EMAIL Anne Walters at: email@example.com with your name, how many luminaria you would like and when you want to pick them up.
- OPTION: If you would like to hire the Scouts to set up, take down and cleanup your luminaries for you, the cost for this service is $1.00 per bag with a $15 minimum charge. Please let Anne know if you would like to hire the Scouts for their help with the luminaries and how many you would like.
- The Friends of Marshall Square Park are also asking everyone to try to get your “old fashioned” decorations up by Friday the 30th. That includes white candles in windows, garlands/wreaths on porches, railings, doors, windows (evergreen style).
- These make great gifts!
- Please consider donating an extra $5, $10 or $20 (or whatever you can) toward the “Luminaries Around the Park” sponsored by the Friends of Marshall Square Park. The group plans to line the perimeter of Marshall Square Park with the candlelight glow of about 300 Luminaries on November 30th!