The Historical Society just located this photo for us—the clearest and best look we’ve had of the fountain in its original state. Taken just ten years after the fountain’s installation, we can now see the brick piers supporting the base, the jets shooting up from the base of the fountain and the structure of the spray balls at the top. The view is to the northwest, with the main buildings of the old hospital across Marshall Street.
- Click the picture to enlarge it
- Click here for the 1889 Daily Local News article about purchasing the fountain
- Use the PROJECTS Menu at left for more info about this historic fountain and our restoration plans.