+ their guests
$5 PROGRESSIVE DINNER!
At the four neighborhood homes of our…
- Laura Barton and Chris Vely
Appetizers & Cocktails
- Peg and Paul Eberts
- Hannah Gardner and Pat O’Donnell
- John Cigler and Patrick McCoy
Desserts & Coffee
About fifty members and guests of Friends of Marshall Square Park were royally wined and dined during our first Progressive Dinner. Organized by Linda Scott, the event — more a Friendraiser than Fundraiser, although we netted $131.95 — was flawlessly planned, perfectly timed, and served to remind us all of our exceptional neighbors.
Setting a very high (but not too high) standard for the hosts of our next progressive dinner, our first hosts went all out:
- Laura and Chris presented a delicious, colorful, artistic assortment of appetizers from humus to a spectrum of peppers and served anything you wanted to drink.
- The Eberts’ soups were Roasted Pepper and Harvest Squash with spiced apple, accompanied by yummy cheesy bread twists and wine. The fireplaces were blazing.
- Hannah and Pat’s beef chilli had all the fixin’s, from cilantro to sour cream. Vegan chilli, black beans and whole-corn bread completed the entrée.
- Pat and John served two cheesecakes—out of this world—one, a caramel apple and the other, chocolate. A large assortment of pastries, cookies, and delicious coffees accompanied dessert wine contributed and served by Bob and Gayle Teti.